One of the most misunderstood words presented by Castaneda is “intent”. In his books, he creatively intertwines the multiple meanings of intent with each other which leads most to focus on creating an intention or intending something rather than simply aligning with intent. But, aligning with intent is not simple.
The dictionary version of the definition for intent includes:
1. firmly directed or fixed; earnest; intense; an intent look
2. having the mind or attention firmly directed or fixed; engrossed intent on his studies
3. strongly resolved intent on going
1. an act or instance of intending
2. something intended;
3. one’s mental attitude, including purpose, will, determination, etc., at the time of doing an act